What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
Mai Chau is a mountainous area of outstanding natural beauty, inhabited by a Thai and H’mong ethnic minority groups. This trip offers a great combination of cultural expedition and trekking. We trek for three days through the spectacular scenery, visit remote and stay overnight in local homes where we have the chance to get to know these hospitable villages.
- 3 days easy trekking tour in Mai Chau
- Good for couple, family, group of friends
- Homestay overnight, eating with the local people
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- Local cook
- Meals as indicated
- Homestay permission
- English speaking guide
- Private round-trip transfer with A/C
- Entrance fees & Sightseeing fees
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Tips & personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Package Travel
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare.
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Xo Village
08.30 leave Hanoi for Mai Chau. After 4-hr beautiful bus ride we reach Pom Coong, a village of the Thai ethnic minority in Mai Chau valley. Lunch in Pom Coong Village. In the afternoon we take light walk on village road to Xo, a village of the Thai ethnic minority. Dinner and overnight in a local house.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Xo Village – Buoc Village – Van Village
After breakfast at the home stay we say goodbye to the host and walk to Buoc Village. On the way we would see villagers working on rice paddies and children going to school. Lunch on the way. In the afternoon, we will reach the beautiful village of Van. We will spend the second night with a local family.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Van Village – Buoc Village – Van Mai Village – Hanoi
After breakfast at the homestay, we walk on village roads which run between mountains and rice paddies. We reach our lunch stop, Van Mai Village, around 11.30 am. Lunch in a local house before taking a bus ride back to Hanoi. We would arrive in Hanoi around 5.30 pm. Trip completes in Hanoi.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
19 Dec 2018
The village is still keep many things that is very cultural . People is friendly and hard working. The house’s architecture is traditional with basements for the animals living or stored. Up floor for family living. Having many plan and flower on the street and in the rice field. Hope the village always keep clean and culture
17 May 2018
Great time in wonderful Mai Chau area and villages around. Had a cool bicycle ride and a walk in the Valley to discover the ricefields and Thai houses & living environment. Our guide is a great guide who explained a lot about local ethnies. He also had so many ideas to shoot photos and videos so I now have unforgettable memories of the days spent in this beautiful area. So much fun ! Thanks again
19 Dec 2017
Incredible trip to Mai Chau. Arrived to a delicious lunch prepared at a home stay. This was followed by a bike ride around the local village with plenty of photo opportunities. Our Guide Chung was a superb host, he really went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. I really enjoyed the delicious food, trekking around the beautiful rice fields and learning about local life. I have never seen bubbles being blown from the stem of a leaf before
25 Sep 2015
Our family did a two-night homestay here, and it's quite pleasant. The village was really peaceful, the air was fresh and the villagers were friendly. We had a wonderful experience by helping out the house owner with his field work.