What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
A combo tour offers the day trip to Hoa Lu - Tam Coc in Ninh Binh and 2 days/1 night trip in Mai Chau. This is really enjoyable journey to visit the top destinations of Vietnam with beautiful landscapes, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops in Tam Coc - Bich Dong. You also ride cycle to see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages
- Overnight trip to Mai Chau for 1 night
- Full day visit of Hoa Lu ancient capital and Tam Coc grotto
- Seeing farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visiting surrounding peaceful villages
- An hour on quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops in Tam Coc - Bich Dong
- 1 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- Bicycle trip in Mai Chau
- Meals as indicated above
- English speaking tour guide
- Round trip transfer by A/C van
- Traditional dance show & can wine
- Deluxe room in Mai Chau Lodge
- Price Excludes
- VAT & travel insurance
- Drinks & Personal expense
- Hotel accommodation in Hanoi
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Hoa Lu - Tam Coc
8:00 - 8:30. Pick you up at the hotels in Old Quarters area, then leave by coach to Hoa Lu (2.5 hrs).
11.00 Visit the historic capital of Vietnam and the famous ancient temples of Le and the Dinh Dynasties. Then our bus will transfer you from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc for lunch around at 12:30PM.
PM : Boat trip to visit Tam Coc to see the beauty of the karst formations as you pass along their base and row into one of the many caves carved through the limestone. Then, cycle for an hour on quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops in Tam Coc - Bich Dong (around 5 km). Dive back to Hanoi and drop off at your hotel around at 18:00PM.
- Day 2: Hanoi - Mai Chau
08h00: Depart from Hanoi (3.5 hours drive with break, photo stop; good road condition)
12h00: Arrive in Mai Chau. Welcome drink and cold/hot towel to be served, followed by an appetizing lunch. The fresh, tasty dishes on offer include local vegetable, ingredients and flavors such as green bean, black mushroom, fish and chicken cooked in Muong or Thai ethnic minority style.
15h30: Start your journey to discover the interesting surroundings and ethnic minority tribes with a relaxing walk to Thai villages of Pom Coong and Lac and explore Mo Luong cave on the other side of the hotel.
Note:This 2-hour valley cycling tour can be replaced by 4.5-hour cycling & rock climbing tour, which starts from 1:00 PM. Surcharge USD $20/ pax
19h00: Complement your experience by sampling delicacies from the local region during dinner time and enjoy the performance by local troupe of ethnic minority Muong and Thai people. It is so relaxing to watch the exciting dances featuring the flower, land-scape and daily agriculture cultivating activities and sweet dating songs in the fresh mountain air.
Meals: L, D
- Day 3: Mai Chau - Hanoi
08h00: Enjoy a tasty international breakfast in Bo Luong Restaurant with views overlooking the lake, the paddy fields and the swimming pool.
09h00: Start the Valley biking tour. The ride passes through many villages, across lush rice paddies and into the countryside to get to know the local hill tribe people and their culture better. Then free time.
13h30: Leave Mai Chau. You will arrive in Hanoi at around 17:00
Meals: B, L
- Combo excludes hotel in Hanoi which can be arranged upon request
- The order of tours in this combo might be changed subject to availability
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
23 Oct 2018
Ninh Binh tour was really good : we enjoyed the visit of King temple, Mai Chau hike so exceptional! Lunch was really good and there were so many dishes that it was like a king lunch. Boat on Tam Coc was really beautiful, we had an amazing "driver", really kind. Finally, we got bicycling under rain in paddy fields (a little bit too short). Our driver was very nice and our guide (Hien) was kind and explained us a lot of things about Vietnamese culture.
27 Jul 2017
Myself, my husband and two-year-old son booked a private three-day two night tour through maichautours.net for the 15-17th July. We were collected early in the morning from Hanoi and taken to Mai Chau for a biking tour around the village and a trip to a remote cave (1200 steps up into the mountains – beware this is a tough one!). The first night was spent with a family in a stilt house in the village (homestay 19). The food here was amazing and the family were very welcoming. The scenery was gorgeous. The second day we departed to Ninh Binh early in the morning and visited Hoang Long river and Van Long Nature Reserve. We had the local speciality of various goat meats at a local restaurant and then visited Hoa Lu (King Dinh and King Le temples). We stayed at a local hotel which to be honest wasn’t great (and we spent the whole trip staying in homestays and hostels so we weren’t expecting much). On our final day we look a foot-rowed boat around the Tam Coc region which was fantastic and were then driven to HaiPhong to catch the boat to Cat Ba (which we arranged ourselves). Our guide made sure we had our tickets and provided us details for anything else we might need on our trip. I’d recommend all the actives we did (rowers of boats will ask for tips), it was amazing. The cost included all entrance fees, food and water as well as a private, decent AC car with driver and guide. While this was expensive, it was worth it. Our guide (and driver) were fantastic. Cuong was polite, fun and interesting and his English was amazing. He was also really clued up on international politics and we had several great discussions about life in Vietnam and abroad. I would recommend him to anyone and we hope to stay in touch with him!