What you’ll get
Duration : 5 days
Departure : Hanoi City
Suitable : Friends, Active travellers
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88NA04
This North East Adventure 5 days offers breathtaking views and interesting subcultures. The North East mountainous areas of Ba Be Lake, Cao Bang and Ha Giang offer unique opportunities for rugged jeep rides and trekking routes. It is the least traveled area of the north and often attracts the more hardy travelers craving a glimpse of some of the more remote ethnic minority people.
- Visit the Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam Ethnic Groups
- Explore the expansive 2,144 meter Nguom Ngao Cavern
- Visit Tam Thanh cave with a pond and great views of the surrounding farmlands
- Take a scenic in insightful day trip north of Cao Bang to the beautiful Ban Gioc waterfall on the Chinese border
- 4 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Privare Land cruise or Van
- Homestay, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Private Land cruiser or Van
- Double/twin standard room in 2 star hotel
- Home stay in Ba Be in a local house
- Boat trip on Ba Be lake as per program
- Meals as mentioned
- All entrance fee and permits
- English speaking tour guide
- Price Excludes
- Drinks, personal expenses, tips
- Hotel in Hanoi.
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Thai Nguyen - Ba Be National Park (240kms/7 hours)
08.00 Pick up at the hotel and transfer to Ba Be via Thai Nguyen. Travel north along Highway 3 to Thai Nguyen for a stop to enjoy a lunch of traditional Vietnamese food. Worth a visit here is the Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam Ethnic Groups. Leaving the delta behind, you'll start climbing into the mountainous area of Ba Be National Park. Take a short boat trip (30 minutes) to a Tay village for dinner and homestay in a local house.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Ba Be - Cao Bang (120kms/4 hours)
Ba Be National Park, surrounded by rugged limestone mountains it is Vietnam’s only natural mountain lake. This important eco-system is best known for its over 330 species of butterflies! Have breakfast with your Tay hosts. The lush forest clinging to the surrounding mountains is your backdrop as you explore the lake. Reach the end of the lake and stop for a trek to Dau Dang waterfall. Meet your Jeep, head north through the lush mountain passes to the city of Cao Bang. Overnight in Hotel.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Ban Gioc Waterfall (85kms/2.5 hours)
Jeep ride to Ban Gioc, visit the waterfall. On this day you'll take a scenic in insightful day trip north of Cao Bang to the beautiful Ban Gioc waterfall on the Chinese border. This picturesque, cascading waterfall is 53 meters high and has an impressive span of 300 meters. The drive there offers unique landscapes, limestone karst formations soar from the verdant rice paddies of the surrounding farms of local ethnic minorities. Along the way, you'll see Tay, Hmong and Dzao ethnic minority groups. Heading back to Cao Bang, stop to explore the expansive 2,144 meter Nguom Ngao Cavern to discover its brilliant stalactites. Return to Cao Bang and overnight in Hotel.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Cao Bang - Lang Son (140kms/4 hours)
Before departing Cao Bang, consider climbing the hill up to the War Memorial, it offers a great panoramic view of the area. Hop in the Jeep for a ride along famous Highway 4. The road winds its way through steep mountain passes where much of the land remains untouched, the vista views are truly spectacular! Lang Son is the capital of this mountainous area and is an important crossing and trading route with China, the area is home to Dzao, Man, Tho and Nung ethnic minority groups. Overnight in Hotel.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 5: Lang Son - Hanoi (160kms/3.5 hours)
As a trading post, Lang Son has two markets worth visiting, the Old Market and the Dong Kinh market. You will find everything from electronics and gadgets to textiles and house wares. Its definitely buyer beware, as theres lots of knock-offs of the original. If the markets are not your thing then just a couple of kilometers from town are two large, beautiful caves and the ruins of the Mac Dynasty Citadel worth a visit. Tam Thanh cave contains a pond and offers great views of the surrounding farmlands. Nhi Thanh Cave, formed by the river that flows through it, has poems carved into the entrance by the man who discovered the cave in the 18th century. After your morning of exploration its time for lunch and prepare for the trip back to Hanoi. The highway from Lang Son is a modern 4 lane divided highway that quickly carries down from the mountains, back onto the Red River Delta and into Hanoi. Trip ends in Hanoi.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
9.8Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
15 Nov 2018
An amazing trip and a whole new experience in Vietnam. It took a quite long time on road but totally worth it since we were overwhelmed by the beauty of landscapes along the way. On the first day, we stayed at an authentic homestay deep in a local village, very peachful. The host was super friendly and they had great local whiskey. The waterfall was really impressed. we took many great shots there. The homestay in Ba Be lake was great too. We love the balcony with lake view. Special thanks to Mr Long, the tour guide. He was so funny and knew the areas well. 5 stars for the service
08 Oct 2018
This was a fantastic tour and well worth the long journey to get to Ban Gioc. Our tour guide, Loi, was excellent and made the journey interesting with several impromptu stops for photographs, walking through isolated villages, rice fields etc. Loi was always willing to take group photos and help with any requests. The scenery was amazing and the stay at Ba Be lake was beautiful, loved the boat trip, too! We were a little concerned about "Homestays" before the tour, but both homes were excellent and our hosts did everything to make the stay enjoyable
19 Jul 2018
My wife and I and two family members recently took this tour and were very impressed with the experience. Our Tour guide was great fun and very eager to ensure we had a great time, and he spoke excellent english. The Bus driver was a very skilled and attentive driver and we felt safe all the way. The two home stays were very good although the beds in the first one were quite hard so if you have a sore body perhaps take along a thin travel mattress for that one. The second homestay is more like a small lodge - very impressive and even has A/C in each room. Very comfortable beds here! The Ban Gioc Waterfall, the breathtakingly majestic falls that demarcate the border between Vietnam and China was truly spectacular. Ba Be Lake National park was also amazing as was the river caves experience. There are no negatives with this tour and everything is done in an efficient and professional manner. I am nearly 70 so I found some of the climbs challenging at times, but I am not very fit at the moment. Dont let this frighten you off though as there is not much of it and you can always opt out. I cchose not to climb up one of the small mountains at the first home-stay and I was glad because my wife who is 14 yrs younger came back exhausted and sore.